Life is beautiful but it has problems and it’s our challenge to face them with courage. Happiness, sorrow, victory, defeat are the two sides of the same coin. In the same way life is full of moments of joy, pleasure, success and comfort interspersed by misery, defeat, failures and problems. If one doesn’t live their days by personal goals and plans, chances are there that you spend most of your time caught up in a flurry of day-to-day activities? Come across at the things you did and the things you’re planning to do next – Do they mean anything to you if you are to die today? Planning your life, reminds you of what’s really important so you can act on them.
Can a person exist without a dream or desire? Hardly ever. Everyone must have a wish for his life not to be just a physical existence but a real happy life full of aims and their fulfilment, adventures and complications. I personally have a list of top five things in my bucket list that I would do if I were #BefikarUmarBhar (To live tension free for the rest of my life).
1. Get a complete makeover: I have been donning my current look for long time and I do feel a little stagnant in my life right now and I do consider a makeover. Permanent change in life needs to happen from inside out, but sometimes change on the outside can help me to boost my self-confidence and give me a renewed sense of self. A makeover of a new hair style, hair colour, physique, and wardrobe. I would start by getting a haircut (and even hair colour), refreshing my wardrobe, applying a new makeup look and working out for a better physique.
2. Help someone in need: 50% of the world’s population lives on less than Rs 150 a day, 80% of the world’s population live on less than Rs 600 a day and 22,000 children die each day due to poverty. I have mentioned these alarming statistics, to help you realize how blessed and lucky we are. By virtue of being able to read this article, I assume that you have technological access which puts me/us in a better position compared to billions around the world. Most of us are often engrossed in our own issues every day, but how about lifting our heads every once in a while to lend a helping hand? Every little bit helps, which can be terms of monetary or in-kind donations.
3. Live in a different country for at least six months: It is a great idea to holiday in countries around the world; it’s a different thing to live in a different country for an extended period of time. I would get is a taste of how different countries and cultures are like; with the latter, I would get a full immersion of local culture and an inside view of it’s like to be a resident. With an overseas job assignment; internship/attachment; or by student-exchange program I think this desire of mine can be fulfilled. The world is increasingly global today, and I believe as long as there’s a will, there will be a way.
4. Fly in first class: It is super expensive to fly in first class. A first class ticket is 5 times an economy flight ticket. The price difference is for the added amenities, leg room, and services. And this is why flying first class is on my bucket list. I would pursue my dreams, attain financial loads, and then enjoy first class as one of the perks of my triumph. So that I can truly sit back, relax, and soak in the first class experience with glass of wine in my hand.
5. Further my education: No matter how long ago one has graduated, learning never ends. I already have diplomas/degrees, I don’t mind in view of getting a second diploma/degree in a different field. It will expand my knowledge and give me the competitive edge in the workplace; it’ll also be the perfect tool if I wish for changeover to a diverse career.